Position Title: Underwriter, Umbrella & Excess
- Post secondary degree or diploma
- CIP, FCIP or working towards
- 4 to 7 years of experience in writing commercial excess/umbrella insurance
- Ability to obtain RIBO license
- The ability to make decision in a timely and decisive manner
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage an existing book of renewals with a focus on producing new business
- Underwriting complex risks that may require special handling or unusual coverages.
- This role requires a strong foundation in underwriting with a willingness to learn specialized underwriting concepts, practices, procedures and techniques including coverage issues, product lines, marketing, and competition in the market place
- Knowledge and experience in underwriting commercial umbrella/excess
- Strong work ethic.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to respond to a changing environment with flexibility and innovation.
- Excellent customer service and negotiations skills.
- Effective time management skills; ability to multi-task.
If you are interested in this position please contact Nadia Linklater, Talent Acquisition Partner, DGA Careers via email: firstname.lastname@example.org