Underwriting Specialist Construction
Large Global Insurer
• Experience working and seek on time restraints for quotes on new and renewal business
• Experience working in a team environment
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Microsoft Office experience
• Complete detailed opportunity assessment with key distributors to identify growth opportunities.
• Qualify accounts to meet with the organization's appetite, balanced with sound business opportunity.
• Make agent/broker/customer and on-sight calls with a planned and well-prepared purpose.
• Negotiate Terms & Conditions and close deals.
• Cross-Sell other lines of business to increase product density with the account.
• Participate in Sales Team meeting as related to assigned brokers and / or territory.
• Proactively engage in the target account process, managing a qualified list of opportunities 90 to 120 days prior to effective date.
• Update required systems with details of broker / client visits and account status within specified time frame.
• Serve as key contact for assigned target accounts.
• Develop strong broker and client networks as related to industries underwritten by Business Unit.
• Calculate Target Price accurately by utilizing underwriting tools appropriately.
• Measure exposure/analyze risk.
• Initiate product development idea.
• Assist in training and developing staff.
• Provide expertise on coverage issues with claims programs and guidelines.
• Contribute to development of u/w manuals, programs and guidelines.
• Approve/place facultative purchases
• Develop and lead marketing presentations to new and current agents/brokers
• Promote the organization's products and services in order to increase penetration within agency plant
• Ensure the successful completion of projects by maintaining continuing dialogue with business unit sponsors during implementation of major projects
• Diagnose and develop recommendations to solve unique business unit and customer problems
• Lead complex technical or long-term (over 6 months) business projects to implement new or changed systems, programs or products
• Investigate, recommend and implement leading edge technical solutions when they meet customer needs
Interested candidates, please contact Antonella Leone at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-868-6711 x 226. If you are working with another DGA Recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.
Founded in 1986, DGA Careers specializes in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. DGA Careers assists qualified professionals in claims, underwriting, sales, customer service, and more, connect with the Canadian insurance industry at all levels. We endeavour to respond to each applicant in a timely manner.