Title: Senior Claims Adjuster (CGL/BI)
- Confirm valid coverage.
- Fully investigate liability.
- Fully investigate serious injuries & exposure.
- Must have CGL experience
- Provide instruction and direction to external vendors i.e.: independent adjusters, legal counsel, engineers.
- Calculate ultimate probable exposure and reserve accordingly.
- Properly maintain a diary system to monitor files.
- Ensure files are up to date with BI worksheet, case law, medical and liability information.
- Report any serious injuries to Manager.
- Mentor and coach junior adjusters.
- Prepare Major Loss/Reinsurance Reports and participate in Claims Committee process.
- Comply with service standards as outlined in the claims manual.
- Actively participate in settlement initiatives along with both private and mandatory mediations.
- 7 plus years of experience adjusting CGL & BI claims.
- Post secondary education
- CIP or working towards obtaining
- CGL experience must include a strong background in coverage (duty to defend vs. indemnify), municipality losses, construction wrap up, product liability, occupier’s liability, and environmental losses.
- Knowledge of regulatory and contractual obligations, medical terminology, vocational rehabilitation concepts and dispute resolution practice.
- Experience with internal and external audits.
- Detail oriented and well organized individual.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Travel to mediations/pre-trials/trials is required
- Superb interpersonal skills and leadership qualities/potential.
- Work well individually or as a part of a team.
- Computer literacy with strong working knowledge of Microsoft programs.
Competitive Salary, Benefits, Bonus, Pension,
Interested candidates please contact Maurice Reichberg at 416.868.6711 x.232 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.
Founded in 1986, DGA Careers specializes in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. DGA Careers assists qualified professionals in claims, underwriting, sales, customer service, and more, connect with the Canadian insurance industry at all levels. We endeavour to respond to each applicant in a timely manner.