I am working with one of Canada’s leading P&C Insurance Companies who is looking for a Claims Leader for their claims Office. This role will require a hands on leader with the ability to coach and mentor a team of property claims adjusters.
Title: Property Claims Leader (Personal Lines)
- Accountable for the leadership of a team of front line people and the improvement in their performance for the delivery of the business unit outcomes, strategy and goals.
- Create an environment for people to do the best wvork of their lives & build a stronger team by developing employee’s potential in their current role and for future career aspirations.
- Identify and collaborate as a team to improve system conditions that impact the service for our customers, the environment for our people and our financial performance.
- Ensure the operational risks the company is exposed to as a result of the team’s output are effectively actioned and managed
- Identify opportunities to continuously improve through the removal of waste and failure.
- Communicate effectively with confidence, curiosity, courage and in a collaborative manner creating a clear vision of the outcomes we require and how our people will contribute to achieve those.
- Hire and retain strong talent to strengthen the business
- Understand your team and support their development while managing performance
- Set clear expectations and provide timely and constructive feedback
- Support the technical development of staff
- Champion improvement to customer service
- Use Data provided to analyze trends and identify action plans for improvement
- Be hands on in order to understand the teams capabilities
- Monitor KPIs and communicate results with recommendations for improvements
- Assume responsibility for the performance of the team and understand any consequences and impact of decisions made
- Effectively communicate the departments purpose, strategy and commitments
- Understand the claims experience and how it aligns with the strategic direction for the claims files
- Look for ways to improve processes to better service the customer
- Understand the financial impact of the claims function and the business performs and remains financially strong
- Champion any change initiatives for the team
- 5+ years of personal property claims experience plus 2 years in a leadership role
- Post-secondary education and CIP oo FCIP or actively pursuing
- Experience working in a contact center
- Strong technical competency in Personal and Commercial Insurance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Sound decision making and problem solving skills
Compensation: Competitive salary, bonus, benefits, pension plan
Interested candidates please contact Maurice Reichberg at 416.868.6711 x.232 or forward your resume in confidence to email@example.com. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.
Founded in 1986, DGA Careers specializes in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. DGA Careers assists qualified professionals in claims, underwriting, sales, customer service, and more, connect with the Canadian insurance industry at all levels. We endeavour to respond to each applicant in a timely manner.