Our client is looking for an insurance professional to bring on board to be their next Marketing Broker. As a Marketing Broker you will negotiate new business and renewal terms with the insurance companies. The Marketing Broker is essentially a liaison between the producers and underwriters, ensuring that the both the client and the underwriters are satisfied by providing excellent service through communication.
- Pre-qualify and assess risks for new and renewal business with the underwriters
- Create submissions
- Track renewal process of an assigned book of business
- Negotiate rating, terms and conditions with the underwriters
- Make recommendations to account executives on coverages
- Provide clear and accurate instructions for proposals, certificate issuance and invoicing
- Mentor and provide technical support to the commercial team
- Attend Industry and Broker functions
- Build solid relationships with Insurers
About the Employer:
Our client is a prominent international insurance brokerage with a longstanding local presence in Calgary. You will be working in an environment that has a history of delivering for their clients. The rewards package includes competitive compensation, work / life balance, opportunities to learn and develop your career. Your career opportunities are endless when given the chance to work in an office that handles an extremely diverse insurance knowledge including personal lines, commercial lines, and employee benefits.
You have experience working in a brokerage and extensively with underwriters. Your time management and organization skills are your hallmark. You can think like a broker and like an underwriter and you understand the intricate dance that takes place between the two.
- Level 2 General Insurance License
- CAIB, CIP or CRM designation an asset
- 4 years’ experience in commercial broking
- A keen attention to detail
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Works well in a fast paced, client-focused environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
At DGA Careers, finding and assessing talented insurance professionals is what we do all day long, every day. DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 25 years, as the largest executive search and recruiting company focused exclusively on the insurance industry. With offices in Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Calgary, and Edmonton, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Kim Ehman at 587-952-5077 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.