This is a comprehensive role where you will be responsible for business development, marketing, broker management, customer relationships, underwriting and portfolio management. The successful candidate will be a well-rounded insurance professional with an aptitude for forming long lasting relationships, as well as a strong technical background when it comes to underwriting.
- Generating, underwriting and analyzing of Commercial Insurance accounts
- Risk selection by qualifying leads and identifying target markets
- Communicating with clients for new and renewal business
- Pricing and issuance of quotes
- Development and maintenance of relationships
- Attend client facing meetings on a regular basis
- Performs other duties as assigned
Our client is a large Canadian company with a long-standing insurance history and an impressive and unique client reach. They value a strong work ethic and are committed to building a collaborative internal culture that thrives off utilizing cutting edge modern systems and practices to ensure top-notch customer service is delivered on a daily basis. The company recognizes the importance of a healthy work / life balance, and offer a competitive compensation package including retirement and health benefits to employees.
You are an intellectual sales person who uses facts and reason to entice your clients. Underwriting is second nature to you and you are looking for an increased challenge accompanied with opportunity.
- Post-graduate degree or certification
- CIP/FCIP designation or in progress
- Developed knowledge and applied experience in the application of industry legislation and regulations; knowledge of industry objectives, trends and issues
- Minimum 5 years of commercial property and casualty underwriting experience
- Demonstrable sales and marketing experience
- Experience/exposure to financial management methods, the nature of insurance risk and reinsurance costs, underwriting, claims underwriting and reinsurance
- Demonstrable proficiency in underwriting basic to moderately complex books of commercial property and casualty products, including underwriting coverage, pricing, production and delivery, risk management and managing local brokerage plans
- Knowledge and applied experience in connecting personal results to the management of loss ratios, gross written and earned premium
Finding and assessing great people for the insurance industry is what we at DGA do all day long, every day. DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 25 years, as the largest executive search and recruiting company focused exclusively on the insurance industry. With offices in Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Calgary, and Edmonton, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Katie Ellwood at 587-952-5076 or forward your resume in confidence to email@example.com.