Our client is seeking an experienced insurance professional to join their team as an Intermediate Commercial Lines Underwriter. The qualified individual will be a strong team player who is client focused, driven, and enjoys utilizing their technical expertise to assess, analyze, negotiate, rate, and issue renewal and new business.
- Design and deliver underwriting products that meet standards for customer satisfaction, profit, use of capital, people, systems and risk.
- Issue new business/renewals/endorsements for an assigned portfolio based on company's underwriting and pricing guidelines.
- Manage risk through accurate analysis and diagnosis and the development of sound specifications.
- Detect, investigate and diagnose exposures and to avoid/minimize their business effects: underwriting coverage, pricing, production and delivery, risk management.
- Work with broker partners, including performance monitoring
- Develop business, including marketing initiatives through working relationships with brokers, insureds, local authorities, and local business and community associations
Our client is a large Canadian company with a long-standing insurance history and an impressive client reach. They value a strong work ethic and are committed to building a collaborative internal culture that thrives off utilizing cutting edge modern systems and practices to ensure top-notch customer service is delivered on a daily basis. The company recognizes the importance of a healthy work / life balance, and offer a competitive compensation package including retirement and health benefits to employees.
Analyzing, problem solving and attention to detail are your strengths, and providing exceptional client experiences is what sets you apart from the competition. If you are an enthusiastic underwriter who is eager to take your career to the next level in a challenging position where you would be exposed to niche risks – this role is for you.
- University degree or college diploma or equivalent insurance experience
- CIP designation complete or in progress
- 3-5 years of commercial property and casualty underwriting experience
- Knowledge and applied experience in connecting personal results to the management of loss ratios, gross written and earned premium
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making abilities to form effective underwriting recommendations for moderately complex situations
- Sound technical judgment
- Excellent communication, analytical, organizational, negotiating and interpersonal skills
- Sound negotiating, marketing and advocating skills
- Highly motivated and able to work as a team player, or independently
At DGA Careers, finding and assessing talented insurance professionals is what we do all day long, every day. DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 25 years, as the largest executive search and recruiting company focused exclusively on the insurance industry. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Katie Ellwood at 587-952-5076 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA Recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position directly