Our client is looking for an experienced and confident insurance professional who loves solving problems. The investigator is responsible for digging deeper to find further information and evidence on questionable claims and risks. Occasionally the Investigator will spearhead corporate fraud investigations. This position allows for a signifcant portion of work to be done from home and as such our client will provide home internet as well as an Iphone. There is a fair bit of travel and our client has you covered there as well. The successful candidate will also receive a car and a gas card. If that's not enough our client is also willing to throw in a gym membership allowance as well as many other benefits.
- Lead investigative teams
- Conduct field investigations
- Create an investigative strategy that can be properly and consistently organized
- Conduct in-person 1 on 1 interviews
- Present to decison making panels and give recommendations on the disposition of the case
- Prepare a defendable case with compiled evidence
- Prepare case briefs
- Evaluate evidence and determine the amount of proof necessary to proceed
- Work and collaborate with external experts
- Handle complex investigations with multiple investigators
- Attend court as directed and prepare witnesses for court appearances
- Identify and deliver preventative fraud benefits
Our client is one of the top property and casualty insurance organizations in Canada. They cover home, automobile and business insurance for more than three million clients. The company has over four thousand employees that are there to help create a vibrant and stress free future for their customers. Our client believes in creating positive change in their communities by actively and consistently participating with charity groups nationwide.
You are an experienced, confident and inquisitive individual with an extensive background in investigating and insurance. You must be exceptional at making hard decisions in the face of adversity. Public speaking comes naturally to you and you have no problem presenting cases to audiences of all sizes and importance. You are a self-starter and use good judgement to come to solid and supported conclusions.
- Post secondary education or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in investigating insurance cases
- Minimum 6 years experience in an investigative field of work.
- Strong understanding of claims and underwriting processes
- Great analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including presentation skills
- Assertive and comfortable with challenge
- Investigative skills
- Ability to make confident and objective decisions in high stakes situations
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as required
- Valid driver’s license
- Mobility across assigned territory
At DGA Careers, finding and assessing talented insurance professionals is what we do all day long, every day. DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 25 years, as the largest executive search and recruiting company focused exclusively on the insurance industry. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Katie Ellwood at 587-952-5076 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA Recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position directly.