Our client needs a BI claims expert to join there ranks as their next BI Claims Team Lead. As a leader in the office the successful candidate will be responsible for advising, assisting and mentoring a team of claims advisors. As the Team Lead you will be responsible for managing the flow of claims as well as handling the more complex files.
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Coordinate and supervise daily activities of claims team
- Provide guidance and leadership to staff and specialists
- Manage service levels by organizing, distributing, monitoring work flow and setting priorities to ensure maximum efficiency and productivity as guided by corporate policies, procedures and business plans
- Conduct or contribute to employee development, and employee performance management through coaching and following up on the development of their team’s technical competencies,
- Conduct periodic review of claims files and coach team to strive for continuous improvement and development by setting and tracking individual and team performance objectives
- Provide direction and leadership in areas such as: liability determination, investigation, policy interpretation, settlement negotiations and establishing reserves for claims
- Perform other duties as assigned
Our client is a nationally recognized insurance firm and one of the largest in Alberta. They have their sights set on major growth and plan to be one of the top 5 in Canada in the near future. It is a truly exciting time to join this fast paced and growing organization. Additionally, our client places a huge emphasis on company involvement and is constantly trying to improve the lives of their employees and those around them.
You are a BI claims guru with a wide range of experience that has you confident you can handle any predicament thrown your way. As a leader you are understanding and calm but you understand the importance of maintaining a high standard for your staff.
- 5 years in insurance adjusting experience
- At least 3 years specializing in BI
- College /University degree preferred
- Chartered Insurance Professional Designation and a desire to continue relevant industry education (FCIP, etc.)
- Effective customer service skills including empathy and concern for our customers
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent investigative and analytical skills
- Highly proficient time management and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize work in a fast paced, changing environment
- Excellent knowledge of policy wordings all lines of business, corporate guidelines, policies and procedures
- Ability to coach, guide, and positively motivate employees
- Excellent knowledge of automobile, habitational, farm and commercial policies
- Excellent knowledge of medical and legal terminology
- Detail oriented with a critical degree of accuracy regarding data entry
- Exceptional advanced negotiation skills
At DGA Careers, finding and assessing talented insurance professionals is what we do all day long, every day. DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 25 years, as the largest executive search and recruiting company focused exclusively on the insurance industry. With offices in Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Calgary, and Edmonton DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Kim Ehman at 587-952-5077 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.