Commercial Lines Account Manager
based in Markham
An independent insurance brokerage with over 100 staff servicing thousands of clients. We’re looking to further develop our insurance team and want to hire in commercial departments.
Commercial insurance work experience, ideally a minimum of 2 years progressive Client Representative / Account Representative or Broker experience in commercial lines. Holds appropriate broker's license - RIBO Possess a solid understanding of basic property & casualty (P&C) insurance principals and risk management concepts
Contributes to revenue retention and revenue growth by assisting in the implementation of insurance solutions that meet clients' needs.
- Responds to client inquiries and insurer coverage/documentation requests,solves problems regarding client account issues
- Complies with Ensurco’s professional standards to ensure quality service to all clients including file maintenance and computerized files
- Capable of independently servicing small, medium and large accounts, acting in a Client Executive/Marketer capacity
- Interact regularly with colleagues/managers, clients, underwriters and premium financing companies
- Prepare and/or send transmittal documents to client
- Coordinate with members of team to verify insurance policies for accuracy and coordinate corrections if applicable with insurers
- Prepare client letters according to Professional Standards enclosing binder/cover notes
- Assist with the collection of renewal information from clients Use Microsoft Excel and other means to analyze changes in expiring versus renewal information
- Assist in preparing renewal strategy documents
- Assist in preparing coverage specifications/submissions
- Participate in client meetings, underwriter meetings, and group presentations
- Possess a good knowledge of the client's operations and insurance programs
- Negotiate the renewal conditions for ancillary lines of coverage that are streamlined renewals.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Completion of college diploma or equivalent required
- Solid communications skills both written and verbal
- Proficiency in Microsoft office applications (outlook, word, excel)
- Good negotiating skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
Competencies and Attributes:
- High ethical standards and integrity in professional and personal dealings
- Ability and willingness to raise potential issues and must have a high level of problem resolution
- Flexibility responsiveness and willingness to consider change
- Ability to work as a team member
- Accountable and able to handle time constraints
- Ability to deliver excellent customer service
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive in dealing with issues that may arise
- Ability to prioritize and work under pressure in a sales driven environment
- Professional and pleasant telephone manner
Interested candidates, please contact Antonella Leone at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-868-6711 x 226. If you are working with another DGA Recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.
Founded in 1986, DGA Careers specializes in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. DGA Careers assists qualified professionals in claims, underwriting, sales, customer service, and more, connect with the Canadian insurance industry at all levels. We endeavour to respond to each applicant in a timely manner.