Our client, a well established national insurer, is seeking a Commercial Lines Underwriter to join their office.
The Commercial Underwriter will be responsible for the management and placement of commercial accounts in the marketplace on behalf of the commercial team. They will ensure the client receives appropriate and effective coverage at competitive premiums to satisfy the goals of our commercial clients.
- Build strong business relationships with Brokers in their respective territory.
- Participate in strategic placement discussions with commercial team.
- Ability to understand business risk and the connection between client operations and insurance.
- Leverage business relationship to successfully negotiate preferred terms for clients.
- Follow placement processes, timelines, minimum coverage standards and commission requirements.
- Level 2 license
- Minimum 3 – 5 years experience with commercial insurance accounts.
- Solid team player with strong communication and listening skills
- Sales experience a bonus
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good negotiating skills
- Excellent Interpersonal skills/customer service oriented
- Willing to grow and develop within a fast-paced environment.
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Melissa Colley at 778-383-9790 ext 101 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.