To work in a leading Insurance Brokerage with an enriching working environment and a team oriented staff. Our client provides a competitive base salary, dental and medial benefits as well as generous flex and vacation time. This role will be responsible for servicing commercial business, making sales and seeking referrals from existing clients, as well as providing technical & administrative support.
- Providing feedback and work closely with Account Executives on designated books of business.
- Processing and preparing all policies, cover notes, invoices, and client correspondence for new and renewal business.
- Reviewing policies and endorsements for deficiencies in coverage/limits, and noting/ fixing errors
- Ensuring documentation and invoices are issued on a timely basis.
- Taking phone calls from clients; addressing their questions, concerns and problems; and responding to their requests.
- New business sales to walk-ins, call-in/online prospects, existing personal lines referral prospects, and cross sales to existing commercial clients.
- Developing and maintaining knowledge of Insurance Company products and their Underwriting rules.
- Developing and maintaining extensive working knowledge of Epic and Policy Works software.
- Service & Development of existing commercial business following brokerage standards and procedures.
- Obtain referrals and expiry dates from existing clients.
- Handle claims reports
Our client is an Alberta based brokerage that deals mostly in commercial insurance but does have a personal lines component as well. They have thrived by providing Alberta based businesses with Alberta centered expert advice. Their extremely low turnover rate is a testament to not only the appreciation they show their employees but their keen eye for bringing on talent that fits into their culture. This truly is an opportunity to join a premier employer!
If you are energetic, passionate, sales driven and looking for a chance to launch yourself into the future, this career opportunity is the right fit for you!
- Strong computer, communication, interpersonal, negotiating, planning and organizational skills.
- Experience with Epic and Policy Works would be an asset.
- 3-5 years experience in the industry
- Level 1 License
- You must have or plan to be working towards obtaining your CIP or CAIB designations.
Finding and assessing great people for the insurance industry is what we at DGA do all day long, every day. DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 25 years, as the largest executive search and recruiting company focused exclusively on the insurance industry. With offices in Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Calgary, and Edmonton, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Kim Ehman at 587-952-5077 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA Recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position directly.