Our client is looking for a seasoned leader in the IBU space to captain the ship of an experienced and well established team. This role focuses on supporting the internal business operations. The IBU Team Lead will help the producers expand their networks and grow their books. Additionally, the IBU Team Lead will also direct the account managers and other support staff in order to help the brokerage operate as efficiently as possible.
- Create and implement plans for your team to execute
- Make sure that the team is working in a cohesive manner by having everyone on the same page
- Train, mentor and support Account Managers
- Answer staff questions and handle escalated issues
- Help sales teams meet their goals
- Handle additional business responsibilities as necessary.
Our client is a prominent international insurance brokerage with a longstanding local presence in Calgary. You will be working in an environment that has a history of delivering for their clients. The rewards package includes competitive compensation, work / life balance, opportunities to learn and develop your career. Your career opportunities are endless when given the chance to work in an office that handles an extremely diverse insurance knowledge including personal lines, commercial lines, and employee benefits.
You have spent a long time in the IBU area and are confident that you can be the go to source of knowledge within a company. You are confident in your ability to communicate effectively with people from all walks of life. Your leadership style is straight forward but flexible.
- Strong computer, communication, interpersonal, negotiating, planning and organizational skills
- Customer service oriented
- Enjoy working on and building relationships
- 5+ years experience in the industry
- 2+ years experience in a leadership role or being groomed for leadership
- Level 2 License
- You must have or plan to be working towards obtaining your CIP or CAIB designations.
Finding and assessing great people for the insurance industry is what we at DGA do all day long, every day. DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 25 years, as the largest executive search and recruiting company focused exclusively on the insurance industry. With offices in Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Calgary, and Edmonton, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Kim Ehman at 587-952-5077 or forward your resume in confidence to email@example.com. If you are working with another DGA Recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position directly.