Title: AVP Commercial Underwriting (Auto)
- Develop Line of Business strategies
- Responsible for the delivery of the Line of Business results, both top and bottom line, monitoring performance of business to plan, investigating and correcting deviations
- Monitor trends and developments, identifying areas of concern regarding loss ratios, risk trends, or other discrepancies within the company.
- Ensuring Controls are designed effectively and are suitable for the business, and ensuring they are met. Ensure underwriting process is followed to deliver a quality insurance product
- Develop simplified Underwriting guidelines and procedures, and manuals.
- Ensure all Manuscript wordings are reviewed in a timely manner and resources are allocated to prevent any potential delay in providing a timely response, including claims and legal review.
- Provide coaching/mentoring to team members
- Support corporate and regional underwriting objectives, including but not limited to developing and supporting segmentation strategies, retention and rate and exposure targets
- Ensure Regional and corporate service standards and guidelines are achieved and maintained.
- Consult with senior underwriting staff regarding unique or unusual risks to minimize adverse risk selection and maintain the quality and profitability of the portfolio.
- Act as a resource on risks outside of the authority level
- Provide quality customer service to Head office and Regional staff, including clarification of coverage, wordings, and claims history.
- Assist with introduction and communication of underwriting strategies, coverage and/or product changes in a timely manner.
- Identify training needs, support design and delivery of training, development, and technical guidance to colleagues regarding products, systems, and processes.
- Work to enhance regional understanding and knowledge of Risk Control procedures and objectives.
- Maintain working knowledge of all Information Systems/Programs within Underwriting and Claims and analyze/recommend improvements to work processes and procedures.
- Develop and maintain a knowledge and understanding of company operations and procedures
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends, developments, and regulatory changes
- Post-secondary education, CIP or FCIP
- 10+ years of Commercial Lines Auto Underwriting experience, including leadership experience
- Demonstrated proficiency at managing multiple and changing priorities/projects and delivering results.
- Able to work with long-term perspective in addressing business area problems/issues.
- Ability to focus on the Regions and their needs, ensuring a high quality of service is provided.
- Demonstrated presentation skills.
- Ability to foster and build good working relationships with business areas inside and outside the work unit.
- Demonstrated proficiency and resourcefulness in identifying and analyzing relevant data and defining critical issues and alternatives.
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional and technical development
Compensation: Competitive pay and bonus. Excellent benefits, pension…
If you meet or exceed these requirements and qualifications, please contact Maurice at 416-868-6711, x 232 or email your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are already working with another DGA Recruiter, feel free to ask them about this opportunity and they will give you more details.
DGA Careers is Canada’s only national Executive Search and Recruitment firm focused exclusively on the insurance industry, since 1986. Our deep industry experience, knowledge and strong relationships enable us to connect leading insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms with the most talented mid to senior level professionals for each individual leadership role.