Job Function: Marketing
Primary Location: Head Office (105 Main St E., 14th Flr, Hamilton, ON)
Job Type: Part-Time [18-month contract]
About Lawrie Insurance Group
Celebrating over 35 years in business, Lawrie Insurance Group is a full-service brokerage with a staff of over 100 dedicated professionals providing and servicing a complete range of personal and corporate property/casualty insurance, employee benefits, financial services and group retirement products. Our firm has become one of the largest and most trusted insurance organizations in Southern Ontario and ranks in the top 5% of insurance brokerages in Canada.
Our company’s over 35 years of growth is a testament to our commitment to service excellence. Today, over 10,000 individuals, families and companies depend on the services and expertise that Lawrie Insurance Group provides. Our success continues to be built based on the strength of our people and the relationships of trust built with clients and the community as a whole.
Reporting directly to the Director of Marketing & Communications, this individual organizes and oversees the creation of internal and external communications for Lawrie Insurance Group.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage all content creation, formatting, approvals, posting, monitoring, and reporting for social media and other digital properties
- Maintain the social media calendar and ensure its regular execution
- Gain traffic and visibility through Search Engine Marketing initiatives
- Conduct real-time tracking and campaign adjusting
- Track, report and analyze website analytics, pay-per-click (PPC) initiatives and campaigns
- Set up KPIs and record ROI
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and changes with SEO and social media
- Manage digital advertising as required
Internal and External Communications
- Create and execute internal and external communication strategies
- Provide copywriting, copyediting and design support for digital and print initiatives including but not limited to brochures, white papers, website content, social media posts and ads, emails, press releases, blog posts, and more
- Maintain the company Intranet and create internal communications pieces
- Boost current efforts and establish clear and efficient communications channels and protocols
- Department internal/external communications liaison and auditor
- Responsible for maintaining brand guidelines with all communications to prospects and clients
- Coordinate communications activities with external stakeholders and partners (e.g. HHSF, Bulldogs)
- Write and distribute press releases to email lists and/or newswire
- Maintain press list with accurate contact information
- Respond to requests for information from the media or redirect to another source
- Responsible for creating scripts, scheduling, rehearsing and producing all internal video efforts
- Help to develop internal training and onboarding programs
- Create digital assets & video training modules
- Provide social media training to staff (as required)
The Fine Print
- Our office is located downtown Hamilton, ON.
- This position is Part-Time [18-month Contract].
- Hours: 28 hrs/week
- Salary Range: $16-$18/hour
- Flex hours are available.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) an asset.
- Creative writing and copywriting experience an asset.
Kindly forward your resume and creative portfolio (if applicable) directly to email@example.com. We thank all interested applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.