Personal Lines Underwriter
Join a national Canadian insurance company for the opportunity to grow your career!
Our client is seeking a Personal Lines Underwriter to join the organisation, and work in a fully remote capacity. The Personal Lines Underwriter is responsible for analyzing the acceptability of business with moderate premium volume.
** Front Line Underwriters will be considered! **
- Regularly completing audit checklists
- Ensure compliance with underwriting rules, guidelines, and practices
- Making risk selection decisions for new business, renewals, and policy changes
- Reviewing claims, both auto and property inspections to take appropriate underwriting action
- Providing underwriting support to front-line agents, adjusters, and brokers
- Post-secondary education in a related field, and/or currently holds or working towards CIP is required
- 3 years experience in personal lines auto and property underwriting in BC,
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills with the ability to multi-task
- Strong decision-making skills, risk assessment ability, and P&C product knowledge
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite (Word, Access, and Excel)
Compensation: Competitive salary, bonus, paid benefits from day 1, and pension plan.
Interested candidates please contact Affia at 778-383-9790 ext 104 or forward your resume in confidence to email@example.com. If you are working with another DGA Recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.
Founded in 1986, DGA Careers specializes in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. DGA Careers assists qualified professionals in claims, underwriting, sales, customer service, and more, connect with the Canadian insurance industry at all levels. We endeavour to respond to each applicant in a timely manner.