Personal Lines Underwriter
Join a national Canadian insurance company for the opportunity to grow your career!
Our client is seeking a Personal Lines Underwriter to join the organisation, based in their Vancouver office. Working under general supervision and with the opportunity to join an exciting new team, the Personal Lines Underwriter is responsible for analyzing the acceptability of moderately complex business with moderate premium volume. There is the opportunity to work with the tech team in implementing a new system, and potentially going on broker visits to consolidate the broker network!
** Front Line Underwriters will be considered! **
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform risk analysis using technology as well as external data sources for the purposes of quoting, negotiating and authorizing the acceptance of risk.
- Arrange reinsurance or subscribing companies where appropriate.
- Determine eligibility for policy renewals based on guidelines and retention goals of the company.
- Maintain accurate records of decisions made and maintain completeness of policy data.
- Communicate decisions and respond to requests in a prompt and professional manner.
- Assist with interpretation of rating procedures, wordings, underwriting policies and regulations.
- Handle work assignments, including calls, efficiently.
- Work effectively towards the goals of the team.
- Maintain positive working relationships with internal and external parties, including networking at industry events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 3 years of industry experience.
- Post-secondary education or related business experience.
- Actively pursuing a CIP designation
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to review information carefully and comprehensively.
- Strong knowledge of computer systems/software.
- Strong attention to detail, analytical, problem solving and communication skills.
- Strong decision-making skills with the ability to provide justification.
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Demonstrated planning and organizing skills with the ability to prioritize daily tasks.
Interested candidates please contact Affia at 778-383-9790 ext 104 or forward your resume in confidence to email@example.com. If you are working with another DGA Recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.
Founded in 1986, DGA Careers specializes in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. DGA Careers assists qualified professionals in claims, underwriting, sales, customer service, and more, connect with the Canadian insurance industry at all levels. We endeavour to respond to each applicant in a timely manner.