Commercial Assistant – Vancouver
Our client is seeking a dynamic and positive commercial insurance professional to join their team! The role is an entry level role (fairly administrative function), which provides an excellent platform to develop your commercial experience and career. Work on diverse lines of commercial insurance and build your portfolio and knowledge! Our client is offering a competitive salary and commitment to your professional development.
- Administer corporate programme and customer communication
- Issue cover notes/binders, invoices, policies, enclosure/clarification letters, memos, and other documentation
- Assist in organizing renewals, updating SOV’s and schedules
- Ensure all billings are finalized prior to month end deadline.
- Ensure accuracy in commission/fees charged on new and renewal business.
- Issue certificates of insurance, operating in Certificate Management Systems such as ISNetworld
- Maintain administrative management, processing, and communication with customers, insurers, and accounting for existing and new Corporate Commercial Insurance Programs
- Manage client requests in an expedient same-day fashion
- Request and follow up with clients/insurers for outstanding information.
- Maintain expiry lists, records, and policy files to ensure that they are organized and up to date.
- Monitor and follow up on outstanding clients’ accounts receivable.
- Work with finance division to resolve accounting discrepancies and related issues.
- 1-2 years commercial experience highly regarded but not mandatory
- Level 1 licence minimum (level 2 ideal)
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Highly organized and prioritising capabilities
- Excellent customer service skills
- High levels of confidentiality
- Friendly, professional demeanour and positive nature – willing to roll up your sleeves and assist where required
Interested candidates please contact Affia at 778-383-9790 ext 104 or forward your resume in confidence to email@example.com. If you are working with another DGA Recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.
Founded in 1986, DGA Careers specializes in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. DGA Careers assists qualified professionals in claims, underwriting, sales, customer service, and more, connect with the Canadian insurance industry at all levels. We endeavour to respond to each applicant in a timely manner.