Our client is looking for an insurance professional with extensive experience in underwriting construction to become their next Construction Underwriting Specialist. Our client has offices located across Canada, so the position can be filled in Calgary, or Edmonton. This is a technically heavy role and you will be one of the go-to resources for construction underwriting within the company.
- Analyze and underwrite new and renewal business for the Construction lines of business
- Actively engage in the pursuit of new accounts
- Identify and seize growth opportunities
- Prep and plan for client meetings to convey a clear message that is beneficial to both sides
- Negotiate and close deals
- Cross-Sell other products when applicable
- Engage with other members of the team to share industry information and updates
- Serve as the main point of contact for accounts
- Create and grow a network of clients in the construction industry
- Contribute to the creation of new products as well as training materials and team practices
- Create and execute presentations for clients
- Breakdown complex issues and provide innovative solutions to clients
- Train and mentor junior staff
Our client is a world leader in handling large and complex commercial risk. With a long and storied history our client has thrived off giving back to the communities in which they operate. As a premier employer in the industry, our client provides all the resources you need to ensure you can place those hard to place risks that cross your desk. You would be hard pressed to find a more universally respected firm in the industry.
You have spent the better part of a decade in Construction Underwriting and are comfortable working with large complex risk. You are technically sound underwriter who enjoys the relationship building aspect of the job. As an underwriter in the construction space there is very little that you haven’t seen, and you crave the challenge that working for a world leader can provide you.
- 8+ years experience in Construction Underwriting
- Exemplary communication skills in all forms
- Network of industry contacts
- Great team player capable of both leading and supporting
- Relevant education is an asset
Finding and assessing great people for the insurance industry is what we at DGA do all day long, every day. DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 25 years, as the largest executive search and recruiting company focused exclusively on the insurance industry. With offices in Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Calgary, and Edmonton, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Katie Ellwood at 587-952-5076 or forward your resume in confidence to email@example.com. If you are working with another DGA Recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position directly.