Responsible for providing facultative underwriting to clients as assigned, within time services standards defined by the company and agreed to with clients. Larger case approval levels along with resting and treadmill EKG approval authority. If technically qualified, may provide second signature review as needed.
Location: Quebec (Work from Home)
- Apply sophisticated underwriting procedures to assess complex and/or large medical and financial risks for facultative clients, recognizing instances where deviations from guidelines are applicable
- Interact with clients to secure specialized or supplementary information; develops alternative solutions when routine/usual methods do not work and provides excellent customer service through understanding, patience and innovation.
- Communicate with all levels of client’s underwriters and other company management personnel, explaining the reasoning and theory which surrounds an underwriting impairment, problem and/or decision
- Keep up-to-date with current medical topics, current economics and business environment as well as changing / new financial evaluation concepts and measures
- Function effectively and professionally within a team with little supervision
- Understand and effectively implement all company retrocession schedules
- Ability to attend and participate in client liaison including: external client audits, client visits and relationship management; participation in RFP (Request for Proposals)
- Progression to internal training and case referral/co-sign abilities
- Other duties as required including special projects
- 7+ years of current life underwriting experience
- $3 000 000 plus case approval authority including all ages and ratings
- Handling a regular new business caseload
- Ability to interpret EKG’s
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Demonstrated successful track record working with field force and/or sales representatives and when applicable, client company underwriters
- Demonstrated meaningful progress toward completion of ALU education program
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with all levels within the company
- Ability to adapt to change routinely and support the goals of the underwriting unit and the company through teamwork and additional hours as required
- PC literacy in Word Office products and Underwriting systems
Competitive salary, excellent bonus structure, benefits and pension plan
Interested candidates please contact Maurice Reichberg at 416.868.6711 x.232 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.
Founded in 1986, DGA Careers specializes in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. DGA Careers assists qualified professionals in claims, underwriting, sales, customer service, and more, connect with the Canadian insurance industry at all levels. We endeavour to respond to each applicant in a timely manner.