Title: Property Claims Leader (Personal Lines)
- Hire and retain strong talent to strengthen the business
- Understand your team and support their development while managing performance
- Set clear expectations and provide timely and constructive feedback
- Lead effectively and positively through implementation of change.
- Support the technical development of staff
- Champion improvement to customer service
- Use Data provided to analyze trends and identify action plans for improvement
- Customer demand analysis – assist in identifying the root cause of “waste and failure” in the business unit
- Participate in the Quality assurance programme for your team. Identify and ensure training is addressed in a timely and effective manner.
- Fully understand and mitigate internal and external claims risks you are accountable for managing, meet our compliance obligations and measure how our team meet those requirements
- Take full responsibility for the results of our team, how they contribute to the overall company’s performance and understand the consequence and impact of key decisions you make
- Clearly articulate and effectively communicate the link between our purpose, our strategy, our commitment and our culture
- Expert understanding of the claims experience while understanding the technical strategic direction for the claims file
- Look for new and incremental ways to improve things every day for the customer
- Clear understanding of financial elements of our claims function to ensure we remain financially strong and deliver year on year improvement in our business performance
- Identify opportunities to improve the customer journey, the claims handling processes and financial outcomes for our business
- Lead change initiatives for the team and business function
- 5+ years of personal property claims experience plus 2 years in a leadership role
- Post-secondary education and CIP or FCIP or actively pursuing
- Experience working in a contact center
- Strong technical competency in Personal and Commercial Insurance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Sound decision making and problem-solving skills
Compensation: Competitive salary, bonus, benefits, pension plan
Interested candidates please contact Maurice Reichberg at 416.868.6711 x.232 or forward your resume in confidence to email@example.com. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.
Founded in 1986, DGA Careers specializes in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. DGA Careers assists qualified professionals in claims, underwriting, sales, customer service, and more, connect with the Canadian insurance industry at all levels. We endeavour to respond to each applicant in a timely manner.