Our client is opening a new claims department and they need a Personal Lines Recreational Property Claims Manager to head the team. They are specifically looking for an experienced leader with a solid understanding of the insurance products associated with ATV’s, cottages, boats, RV’s and the likes. The team will consist of roughly ten adjusters. This opportunity has some required travel and in office time, but there is room for a work from home component. This role is open to any capable leaders that are familiar with these types of products.
- Work to construct and maintain the strongest team of adjusters possible
- Identify the strength and weaknesses of the team to help improve team cohesiveness
- Help adjuster improve their technical ability
- Stay up to date on industry trends and advancements in order to help the team stay ahead of the curve
- Work alongside adjusters to better understand the day to day happenings of the department
- Handle all escalated situations
- Increase efficiency of the department and limit errors
- Participate in training and mentoring of new employees
- Take responsibility for the department’s success and failures
- Ensure that the team is following company procedures and guidelines
Our client is one of the leading general insurers in Canada. They strive for transparency and simplicity with customers and employees alike. With a storied history our client is continuing to trail blaze by challenging industry norms and making bold decisions. Despite their large size our client stresses the importance of recognizing the many individuals that comprise their team and fuel the success of the company. This client values a diverse work culture and believes that different backgrounds and perspectives are key to a successful organization. There are regular opportunities to discuss growth and career aspirations. This is a top tier company and with that comes all the responsibilities, but also all the benefits.
You are familiar with recreational products and the insurance associated with them whether it be in claims, or as a broker or customer. You have proven leadership experience or have the training or education necessary to be a manager. You are able to confidently handle any questions or concerns regarding the claims process from your staff and clients alike.
- 5+ years in Recreational Products insurance
- Experience claims
- Exceptional technical expertise
- 3+ years in leadership experience
- Experience in defining the culture of a department
- Helping others develop their careers
- An applicable University Degree or Insurance designation is considered an asset
- Ability to influence, convince, direct and persuade others is an important skill requirement
- Exceptional communication skills in all forms including listening
- Experience in identifying problems and implementing solutions
Finding and assessing great people for the insurance industry is what we at DGA do all day long, every day. DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 25 years, as the largest executive search and recruiting company focused exclusively on the insurance industry. With offices in Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Calgary, and Edmonton, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Katie Ellwood at 587-952-5076 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA Recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position directly.