Are you an insurance professional looking to utilize your knowledge in a dynamic new role?
Canada’s leading luxury residential and multi-use real estate Development Company is seeking a Risk & Insurance Coordinator for their Vancouver office. This is a fast paced environment and the individual must be able to handle multiple projects and work towards deadlines with a strong sense of urgency when needed. The ability to prioritize and work well under pressure is paramount.
The position will collaborate closely with Project Management, Construction Management, Property Management, Sales and Marketing, and Accounting teams.
The ideal candidate will possess the following traits:
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills
- Diligence and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and problem-solve effectively
- Strong critical thinking skills, and the ability to think on their feet
- Dedication and perseverance
- Proficiency with MS Word, Outlook, Intermediate to Advanced Excel spreadsheet skills are an asset
- Partial or fill completion of the CIP designation, or other insurance related education will be given preference
- Co-ordinate the provision of insurance certificates from the broker and review for accuracy
- Work with Property Management/Insurance broker/Accounting to ensure all property information and named insured information is accurate
- Co-ordinate with internal team to obtain all information that is required for the completion of insurance applications by the broker
- Act as the central point between broker and internal team to ensure timely communication regarding:
- Review of insurance language in legal documents such as leases and contracts by broker
- Internal questions on Risk Management issues
- Purchase, sale or movement of assets i.e. property, dresses, art
- Status of Construction Projects
- Review of insurance certificates provided by Trades, Consultants and tenants as per contracts
- Provision of Insurance Certificates to Lenders, Partners, Trades and other internal parties
- Review invoices to ensure accuracy
- Assist with internal review of insurance certificates provided by trades, consultants and tenants to insure accuracy, completeness and compliance.
- Maintain database of all insurance claims and assist with internal tracking of claim costs
Interested candidates, please contact Jen Duff at email@example.com. If you are working with another DGA Recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.
Founded in 1986, DGA Careers specializes in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. DGA Careers assists qualified professionals in claims, underwriting, sales, customer service, and more, connect with the Canadian insurance industry at all levels. We endeavour to respond to each applicant in a timely manner.