Manager, Claims & Finance
Competitive Salary, Bonus, Pension and Full Health Benefits
Our client is seeking a strong Insurance claims candidate who is comfortable with Finance and Accounting.
About the company:
Our client’s Services include: property/casualty insurance, group benefits, credit insurance, human resource services, trades, executive, professional and management training and a variety of financial and business solutions – all targeted expressly to the electricity sector.
Reporting to the Vice President, Finance & Claims Services, the incumbent is responsible for all aspects of claims arising out of the Liability, Vehicle and Property programs and overseeing budget and month end financial statement preparation.
As a member of the management team, provides input in the development of objectives of the Department and supervises the Claims Adjuster, Claims Administrator and Accounting Administrator.
- Manages the internal claims management process including working with reinsurers
- Manages customer expectations and satisfaction regarding claims adjusting
- Settles claims within authority level and recommends appropriate course of action in excess of authority to the Vice President
- Manages on-site claims-related investigations
- Oversees litigation management to achieve best possible resolution
- Oversees preparation of monthly financial statements including various supporting schedules
- Approves all accounts receivable and accounts payable transactions including banking, investments and cash flow management
- Oversees budget preparation, analysis and monitoring
- Prepares and submits regulatory taxation and other corporate filings
- Works with the Vice President to formulate, support and implement long-term strategies for the department
- Oversees and manages work carried out by staff and external consultants
- Develops and manages the unit’s budget
- Other duties as assigned
- Post secondary diploma with major in accounting, finance
- Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) designation or working towards
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- 5+ years insurance/accounting/financial management experience; knowledge of electricity sector an asset
- Knowledge of contract & tort law (claims acts, regulations & policies, etc.)
- Supervisory experience including developing and motivating staff
- Practical experience using a financial accounting system (i.e. ACCPAC) required
- Good investigation and problem solving skills (i.e. dealing with fraud, serious loses, etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Motivated, high energy team player
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office suite)
- Professional office environment
- Irregular business hours may apply
- Travel within Ontario required
I came across your profile while browsing through Insurance works. I am a Recruiter at DGA Careers and I currently have a couple insurance opportunities that I would like to run by you which may be a fit with regards to your experience.
If you are also interested in remaining updated about new opportunities or any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me or send me your resume directly to Otis@dgacareers.com.