Manager, Claims & Finance
Competitive Salary, Bonus, Pension and Full Health Benefits
Our client is seeking a strong Finance and Claims Manager. Candidates with Finance experience in the energy sector will be considered.
About the company:
Our client’s Services include: property/casualty insurance, group benefits, credit insurance, human resource services, trades, executive, professional and management training and a variety of financial and business solutions – all targeted expressly to the electricity sector.
Reporting to the Vice President, Finance & Claims Services, the incumbent is responsible for all aspects of claims arising out of the Liability, Vehicle and Property programs and overseeing budget and month end financial statement preparation.
As a member of the management team, provides input in the development of objectives of the Department and supervises the Claims Adjuster, Claims Administrator and Accounting Administrator.
- Manages the internal claims management process including working with reinsurers
- Manages customer expectations and satisfaction regarding claims adjusting
- Settles claims within authority level and recommends appropriate course of action in excess of authority to the Vice President
- Manages on-site claims-related investigations
- Oversees litigation management to achieve best possible resolution
- Oversees preparation of monthly financial statements including various supporting schedules
- Approves all accounts receivable and accounts payable transactions including banking, investments and cash flow management
- Oversees budget preparation, analysis and monitoring
- Prepares and submits regulatory taxation and other corporate filings
- Works with the Vice President to formulate, support and implement long-term strategies for the department
- Oversees and manages work carried out by staff and external consultants
- Develops and manages the unit’s budget
- Other duties as assigned
- Post secondary diploma with major in accounting, finance
- Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) designation or working towards
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- 5+ years insurance/accounting/financial management experience; knowledge of electricity sector an asset
- Knowledge of contract & tort law (claims acts, regulations & policies, etc.)
- Supervisory experience including developing and motivating staff
- Practical experience using a financial accounting system (i.e. ACCPAC) required
- Good investigation and problem solving skills (i.e. dealing with fraud, serious loses, etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Motivated, high energy team player
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office suite)
- Professional office environment
- Irregular business hours may apply
- Travel within Ontario required
Interested candidates, please contact Otis Wong at email@example.com. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, please feel free to ask them about this position.
Founded in 1986, DGA Careers specializes in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. DGA Careers assists qualified professionals in claims, underwriting, sales, customer service, and more, connect with the Canadian insurance industry at all levels. We endeavour to respond to each applicant in a timely manner