The Sovereign General Insurance Company is looking for a dynamic individual to join our Commercial Automobile Underwriting Team in Calgary. The successful candidate will be adept at analyzing risks and providing creative solutions to brokers, have the ability to influence and inspire others through their enthusiasm and provide exceptional customer service to our broker force.
- Conduct analysis to determine risk on new business, renewals and endorsements
- Underwrite, price quote and bind Commercial Automobile business within assigned authority
- Evaluate and make recommendations for or against coverage based on the risk rating
- Place facultative reinsurance as required
- Develop and maintain a good knowledge of forms, wordings, rates and coverages
- Assist in developing team-oriented approach to meeting Regional and Corporate goals and objectives, including written premium and profitability objectives
- Support and maintain positive constructive relationships with co-workers, brokers, reinsurers and other industry contacts
- Provide guidance, training and mentoring to less experienced underwriting staff
- Participate in broker visits to assist in identifying and developing underwriting opportunities
- Recognizing market opportunities for both current and new products or services
- Effectively targeting and building external relationships and business opportunities focused on expanding market penetration
- Expanding awareness of the product/service line and the organization’s value proposition
- Assist Team Leader/Manager with internal audits reviewing new business quality
- Maintain files, and prepare reports or presentations as required
- Complete projects as assigned
- Minimum 7 years Commercial Automobile Underwriting experience
- CIP / FCIP designation or current course enrollment preferred
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Strong negotiation skills and business acumen
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Technical proficiency and analytical skills, with a flair for creative solutions
- Team orientation with strong interpersonal skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Adaptable to a changing work environment
Your Next Steps:
To learn more about the impact you can make. Apply to join Sovereign’s talented team of professionals and stand out from the crowd!
Apply by email at email@example.com
*Please state the job title in your email subject line.
Application Deadline: December 5, 2018
The Sovereign General Insurance Company is a trusted source of risk solutions for Canadian businesses. Operating in six offices across Canada, Sovereign is a leader in empowered underwriting in commercial and specialty insurance operations. Sovereign is proud to carry an AM Best A- (Excellent) rating and to be recognized once again with Aon Hewitt Gold Level Best Small and Medium Employers in Canada for 2017. Canadian owned and operated since 1953, Sovereign is a part of The Co-operators group of companies, a leading Canadian provider of multi-line insurance products with assets of more than $14.5 billion.
Why Choose Sovereign?
- We provide a comprehensive compensation and benefits package and encourage a positive work/life balance.
- We help you maximize your potential through ongoing training and educational opportunities.
- We focus on our people as our most important resource, the knowledge, expertise, creativity and empowerment of our insurance professionals sets us apart.
For more information about Sovereign, please visit: http://www.sovereigngeneral.com/public_docs/careers/WhySovereign.php
The Co-operators group of companies is committed to providing a work environment that is inclusive and free of employment barriers and discrimination. Accommodations will be made for qualified applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. If you receive a request for an interview and you have a disability which will require an accommodation to support your participation, please consult with the hiring manager as soon as practical so that suitable accommodations can be arranged.