Underwriting Team Manager
Located in Vancouver, our client, a national and prestigious company, is looking to add an Underwriting Manager to the team. This person will oversee the personal lines division, and work closely with the Regional Manager to drive the business forward. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with strong technical abilities, and a passion for coaching, to join a leading organization.
- The Underwriting Manager will be leading their team in their day-day activities, maintaining a harmonious environment, whilst also working with the Western Regional Manager in executing initiatives.
- You will lead effective, efficient and profitable underwriting and issuance of insurance policies.
- Ensure that the team members understand the underwriting objectives and ensure everyone is working towards the same goal.
- Meet with brokers and help develop and foster relationships with partners to ensure growth goals are met
- Manage and measure new business and renewal goals set by the Western Regional Manager
- Provide training to ensure consistent underwriting and effective feedback to the team
- Provide leadership, guidance and direction where necessary while motivating team members.
- Will have a book of business that will need to underwrite with assigned Brokers
- Responsible for monitoring quotes and workflow, handling inquiries
- Minimum 7 years industry experience
- Strong knowledge of the Personal Lines Auto and Property Lines. High net worth knowledge is highly regarded but not mandatory
- CIP/FCIP designation or working towards
- Excellent communication skills
- University degree, College Diploma or equivalent
- Excellent organizational, negotiation, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Results driven, and customer focused
- Strong leader with the demonstrated ability to execute on important initiatives and consistently meet or exceed performance expectations
- Strong computer skills including Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Strong reporting and presentation skills
Interested candidates please contact Jen Duff at 778-383-9790 ext 103 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA Recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.
Founded in 1986, DGA Careers specializes in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. DGA Careers assists qualified professionals in claims, underwriting, sales, customer service, and more, connect with the Canadian insurance industry at all levels. We endeavour to respond to each applicant in a timely manner