LEVEL 3 LICENSED NOMINEE
Our client is a well-established technology company out of India looking to expand its highly respected brand into the global marketplace. The company has built the most seamless aftersales service technology platform that integrates multiple partners such as repair centers, logistic partners, payment gateway, distributors and retailers to deliver great customer experience. The platform helps the consumers to get both in-warranty and out of warranty service, protection plans and claim process, Buy-back of the old devices and enabling the next purchase.
The company has recently launched operations in the US and is setting up operations in Canada, Europe, Middle East and South East Asia.
Reporting to the Canadian Director out of Toronto, they are looking to add an experienced Insurance professional to introduce their services to the Canadian market. This is a start-up position which requires someone with previous experience working autonomously with an entrepreneurial mindset.
The employer has an established book of business and active platform, so cold sales will not be required, but encouraged.
This is a great opportunity for those with a strategic and retention-focused approach to business.
- Broker/Intermediary application co-ownership for the licence in BC
- Representation and follow-up with the regulatory authorities for the licence
- Once licence is obtained for BC, apply for reciprocal licences to other provinces: Represent, follow-up and obtain these licenses
- Advise on best practices and emerging trends in the warranty solutions space in Canada
- Develop relationships with domestic insurance companies.
- Business retention
- Client experience
- Representations to other statutory authorities / regulatory bodies as and when needed
- Monitors top line of P&L statements and takes appropriate corrective action when necessary to ensure targets are met
- Book of business reviews and recommendations for maximizing profitability
- Ensure execution of business plan and makes any required adjustments quickly
- Reviews and approves spending outside of budget
- Ensure key financial measures are being met
- Makes recommendations to amend as required
- Manages general operations to support the client experience, sales and retention
- Common practice, procedure & policies
- Best practices
- Be a technical insurance resource within the company.
- Level 3 Nominee insurance license (no exceptions)
- Ability to obtain multi-provincial insurance licensing
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written)
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a variety of individuals (internal and external)
- Ability to plan and manage at the strategic level
- Strong organizational skills
- Exemplary presentation skills
- Industry designation preferred (CAIB, CIP, FCIP, CRM)
- Minimum 7 years’ insurance brokerage experience
- Commitment to continued learning and development
- Leadership & Management
- Exposure negotiating with insurance carriers an absolute must.
Interested candidates, please contact Melissa Colley at firstname.lastname@example.org or 778-383-9790 ext 101.
If you are working with another DGA Recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position. Founded in 1986, DGA Careers specializes in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. DGA Careers assists qualified professionals in claims, underwriting, sales, customer service, and more, connect with the Canadian insurance industry at all levels. We endeavour to respond to each applicant in a timely manner