Masters Life Insurance Agency Ltd. - Job Posting
Title: Financial Advisor Assistant
Employment Status: Full-Time Employee
Location: Vaughan Office – 7501 Keele Street, Suite 400, Vaughan ON, L4K 1Y2
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing administrative support to a dynamic team of Financial Advisors and Licensed Assistants in servicing a very active book of business. The successful candidate must be highly motivated and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. They will be part of a team whose core objective is to maintain a high level of professionalism while exceeding expectations at each client interaction.
By joining our Masters team, you will become part of a rapidly, still-growing company that offers extensive training and frontline knowledge of the overall investment and insurance industry. We offer a competitive, salary-based, compensation package including group health and retirement benefits, as well as future advancement opportunities within our organization. Choose a career with Masters Life Insurance Agency Ltd. and take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse and challenging work environment with financial security and satisfaction.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Perform daily trade audit, including review of paperwork for completeness
- Manage abeyances and follow-ups with fund companies to confirm accuracy of transactions and resolve discrepancies
- Daily fax/upload of all processed paperwork to head office server and branch manager’s office
- File client documentation and communication while maintaining compliance requirements
- Correspond with clients
- Help to ensure compliance standards are met within the office structure
- Prepare and review reports for client presentation or in-office use
- Accurate data entry of client information
- Trade processing on Univeris as needed
- Assist in preparing client paperwork as needed
- Other administrative duties such as printing, photocopying and scanning of documents
General Office Duties
- Assist with planning and organizing Masters’ corporate and charity events throughout the year
- Arrange meetings and seminars
- Sort and distribute incoming mail
- Point person to maintain working order of office photocopier/printer
- Manage office supplies inventory
- Organize and re-order stock of promotional items, as well as source new items
- Digitize client files as we move to a paperless office
- Special projects, as required
Qualifications & Experience
- University degree preferred
- One year of financial industry experience is an asset
- IFIC or CSC registration or completion is an asset
- Event planning experience is helpful
Skill Sets Required
- Self-motivation with ability to problem-solve with limited supervision
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Flexibility to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to work both independently or collaboratively with co-workers and external partners
- Technically proficient in Microsoft Office programs: Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Accurate data entry skills with strong attention to detail
- Able to maintain strict confidentiality
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic
- Be honest and trustworthy
- Be respectful of clients, co-workers and Management
How to Apply
Please email your cover letter and resume, quoting this position, to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
We at Masters Insurance Limited are an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive workplace. We will accommodate the needs of applicants in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If you require accommodation we encourage you to contact us at (905) 738-4164 x113 or email email@example.com.
For more information about our company, visit our website www.mastersinsurance.com.
To view our current job postings, follow us on LinkedIn Masters Insurance | Financial.