Accident Benefits Claims Supervisor
Our client is looking for an ambitious leader with all the necessary skills and confidence to lead an Accident Benefits Claims team for Alberta. To be the selected candidate you must be able to rally the troops and help lead the team in a new direction. Our client's number one priority is finding a claims professional who can earn the respect of their team. Don't worry if you need to sharpen up your understanding of Accident Benefits Claims You are expected to help the team exceed the expectations of the customers while ensuring that all the required procedures are followed. The Accident Benefits Claims Supervisor can be located in either Calgary or Edmonton.
- The Accident Benefits Claims Supervisor is first and foremost a leader of the Accident Benefits Claim team
- As a part of the leadership team you would work with others to help improve strategies and increase efficiency
- Inspire the team, and the individuals that comprise it, to reach their potential.
- As it is your team, you will be consulted on the training process and will be able to help shape your staff.
- You are the quarterback and the coach of the Accident Benefits Claims team, and as such you will be designing the plan of attack as well as executing it.
- When there is a customer in need the Accident Claims Benefits Supervisor is there to breakdown their complex problems into easy to understand solutions that works for both parties.
- You will represent your department on special projects and have an influence on the direction the company takes.
About the company:
Our client is a nationally recognized insurance firm and one of the largest in Alberta. They have their sights set on major growth and plan to be one of the top 5 in Canada. It is a truly exciting time to join this fast paced and growing organization. They are trending upwards and credit their staff with spurring them on. They have concentrated a ton of great minds in their office and are looking to add another exceptional employee to fill this position.
You are a level headed leader who stays calm in the face of adversity. Your ability to plan and anticipate means that your attention in the present can be focused on the immediate task at hand. You are a people leader who earns authority through mutual respect and leading by example.
- 5 + years progressive insurance adjusting experience
- College /University degree preferred
- Chartered Insurance Professional Designation and a desire to continue relevant industry education (FCIP, etc.)
- Effective customer service skills including empathy and concern for our customers
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent investigative and analytical skills
- Highly proficient time management and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize work in a fast paced, changing environment
- Ability to coach, guide, and positively motivate employees
- Comfortable managing staff from a distance within various regions/offices
- Excellent knowledge of automobile policies
- Detail oriented with a critical degree of accuracy regarding data entry
- Exceptional advanced negotiation skills
- Ability and willingness to travel
Who We Are:
Finding and assessing great people for the insurance industry is what we at DGA do all day long, every day. DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 25 years, as the largest executive search and recruiting company focused exclusively on the insurance industry. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Calgary, and Edmonton, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivaled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates, please contact Kim Ehman at 587-952-5077 or forward your resume in confidence to email@example.com. If you are working with another DGA Recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.