AVP Underwriter - Construction
based downtown Toronto
Work for a Global Organization
- Experienced Construction Insurance Professional
- Strong knowledge of underwriting philosophy, techniques, national/local filing regulations and guidelines.
- Experience leading and supporting new business development/business development efforts.
- Experience with multi-client account management –accounts of varying sizes, localities and complexity.
- Ability to leverage both data and instinct to suggest business solutions
- Exhibits strong “executive intelligence” and is able to move projects along with a sense of urgency.
- Able to react quickly, motivate and lead teams to meet changing objectives
- Model behaviors that demonstrate commitment to corporate values.
- Create and lead high-performing teams, completing talent reviews as well as managing performance and development cycles for the group
- Create people management plan to ensure human capability is in place as part of business planning process.
- Resolve significant business issues by creating teams of appropriate internal and external resources.
- Partner with a number of business partners in defining the strategize for growth of the Construction portfolio including opportunities for growth within other lines of coverages as well as the expansion on coverages
- Actively solicit and consistently present new business opportunities to the Company and meet/exceed new business goals as set from time to time.
- Underwrite and analyze new and renewal business within delegated authority levels.
- Administer and monitor underwriting rules and guidelines, insurance laws and regulations, and rating manual rules.
- Recommend and implement action plans after reviewing books of business and profit/growth results and trends.
- Develop and maintain relationships with brokers in support of business retention and acquisition and works with customers and brokers to determine their insurance-related needs and provides solutions.
- Maintain and grow knowledge base in the areas of insurance and non-insurance products, and individual sales abilities/skills
- Use other Company personnel to proactively cross sell additional lines of coverage.
- Identify opportunities and risks associated with changes in direction of
external environment, looking forward 5+ years.
- Monitor key ratios, premium growth, and developing plans to improve upon those metrics.
- Ensure that appropriate documentation, implementation and communication
of established policy, procedures and operating standards is completed for area
- Monitors and evaluates activities to identify potential risks and issues of non-compliance. Participates or may lead risk assessment for their area of responsibility and escalates potential issues to
- Optimize allocation of resources and launch common products, projects,
investments across the business unit
If interested in exploring this opportunity please contact Antonella Leone at 416-868-6711 x 226 or alternatively via email at email@example.com