QBE is a Global Property & Casualty Insurer presently operating in Canada using the Lloyd’s of London Franchise. Due to its success in Canada, QBE has established offices in Toronto and Vancouver to develop and underwrite commercial insurance business and service claims locally.
QBE is looking for an Underwriting Assistant to support various lines of business and to help issue insurance policies, endorsements, cover notes, and to prepare underwriting summaries.
The candidate must have a two to three years experience in a commercial department of an insurer, broker or managing general agent.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Knowledge of the underwriting end-to-end process: issuing commercial policies, renewals, endorsements, certificates
- Ability to analyse data to identify issues and provide recommendations for improvement
- High level of numeracy and literacy
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organisational and analytical skills; able to prioritise
- Proven experience of working to deadlines and objectives
- Ability to work repetitively and to good precision
- Ability to work in a fast paced, busy environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skill
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience in TAM, Salesforce, and Lloyd’s Canada Lineage System an asset
- Ability to work independently and in team environment
- Willing to go beyond the expected to achieve an outcome
- CIP courses or General Insurance Essentials an asset Ability to work in a team oriented environment
- Provide support across all technical underwriting processes to help meet the team’s objectives
- Responsible for Monthly Key Performance Indicator reports; working closely with the Underwriting Support Team Lead
- Review endorsement requests and initiate broker requests
- Prepare Initial quotes and set up binders of Insurance
- Assist in identifying and resolving complex queries
- Follow guidelines and abeyance system to ensure timely completion/deadlines
- Comply with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Adhere to underwriting standards and good practice to minimise risk and maximise efficiency
- Develop effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Back-up Receptionist and Data Processor
If you are Interested in joining our Underwriting team please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com quoting “Underwriting Assistant -” in the subject line.
If you would like QBE to retain your information for future employment opportunities, please indicate this in your cover letter. Unless a time limit is specified when providing consent, we will keep your information on file for one year from the application date.
QBE is committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. We provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
If you are contacted for an interview, please advise us if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.