Yarmouth Mutual Insurance Company, located in St. Thomas, Ontario is a provincially licensed and financially stable company providing property and casualty insurance with annual Gross Written Premiums in excess of $10M. Established in 1881, we have insured generations in the community providing home, farm, auto and commercial insurance products through a dedicated staff, experienced agent sales force and supportive broker distribution network.
We are looking for a self-starter with a friendly, positive, “can do” attitude. Must be able to work as a team member. We are seeking someone who will be involved with all departments answering phones, greeting and assisting customers as well as taking payments and the co-ordination of mail (both incoming and outgoing). The right candidate will assist and train with the underwriting department.
- 1-2 years’ minimum insurance industry experience in either underwriting or claims
- Post-Secondary diploma
- Solid administration skills and trained in office procedures
- Intermediate-advanced Microsoft office skills and fast/accurate word processing and data entry
- Critical thinker with strong attention to detail
- Professional and polished interpersonal skills; work effectively with all levels of staff and management
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication; written and verbal
- Strong problem solving, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Have a can do and positive attitude - able to adapt to a changing environment
If you have the qualifications we are seeking and would thrive in a work environment where you have input and are valued, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with ‘Customer Service Representative’ in the subject line.
Thank-you for your interest.