Our client is a well-established Insurance Company looking for claims adjuster. Ideal candidate will have at least one year of insurance experience as well as at least one CIP course. Can have claims or customer service experience, and open to learning and growing within the company while working with a mentor to learn more about physical damage and cargo losses.
Title: Junior Claims Adjuster
- Examine, settle and process assigned claims, within a specified limit of authority.
- Investigate and document facts surrounding loss.
- Evaluate claim and establish preliminary settlement reserves.
- Establish, review, document and maintain claims files and assure progress toward settlement.
- Negotiate loss settlements based on coverage in question, knowledge of repair costs, and other relevant factors.
- Work closely with insured to effect creative and equitable claims solutions.
- Continue negotiations until claims settled equitably.
- Assure documentation of claims files in accordance with company policies and expectations.
- Daily coverage verification.
- Pursue subrogation where appropriate.
- Develop and maintain customer service and broker relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree, diploma, or equivalent related experience.
- Completion of at least one CIP course, and enrollment in CIP program.
- 1 – 2 years claims experience preferred.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Well organized and decisive
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to interact with a variety of people and ability to develop above average negotiation skills.
- Ability to accept direction but also to take initiative on investigations and paperwork, ability to work independently.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all matters.
- Demonstrated commitment and support for customer service philosophy.
- Ability to make decisions and handle pressure.
Compensation: Competitive Salary, bonus, benefits, RRSP.
If you meet or exceed these requirements and qualifications, please contact Maurice at 416-868-6711, x 232 or email your resume in confidence to email@example.com. If you are already working with another DGA Recruiter, feel free to ask them about this opportunity and they will give you more details.
DGA Careers is Canada’s only national Executive Search and Recruitment firm focused exclusively on the insurance industry, since 1986. Our deep industry experience, knowledge and strong relationships enable us to connect leading insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms with the most talented mid to senior level professionals for each individual leadership role.