Senior Commercial Underwriter
based in the east end of Toronto
Avoid Traffic and Join a Winning Team
CIP a must
The Senior Commercial Lines Underwriter is a highly motivated, team oriented individual who will contribute to a profitable book of business through sound underwriting decisions.
You will be responsible for ensuring delivery of a high level of customer service to our Canada-wide broker network. You will have the ability to work independently, make critical underwriting decisions, find solutions to problems and be responsible for managing the service, profitability and growth of your portfolio. This will be accomplished through the implementation and maintenance of operational and underwriting discipline, guidelines, and the monitoring of underwriting and service execution.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Underwrite new business, renewals and endorsements for a variety of large commercial accounts, according to underwriting guidelines, authority limits and company standards
• Negotiate Terms • Complete Documentation of files including risk assessment, claims history and approvals • Seek approval/assistance as required • Processing all assigned work promptly and accurately, as per Company Guidelines
• Build positive relationships with team members • Maintain knowledge of company and industry Underwriting policies, procedures and standards
. • Respond to broker requests and inquiries on a timely basis
Specific Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• 5+ Years Underwriting Experience, with emphasis on Commercial and Residential Buildings, Hospitality, Manufacturing/Retail/Wholesale risks and Construction risks
• University Degree
• CIP Designation •
Thorough knowledge of policy wordings and limitations
• Ability to exercise sound judgment in risk selection
• Evaluate future loss potential
• Strong decision making skills and ability to bring creativity to underwriting risks
• Develop and maintain productive working relationships with peers, clients, and industry personnel
• A strong work ethic, good organizational skills and the ability to work within a team environment
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal • Ability to explain results of your work to others in the industry
• Excellent computer skills
If interested in exploring this opportunity please contact Antonella Leone via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 416-868-6711 x 226.