Our client is looking for an experienced administrative professional who is familiar with the inner workings of the industry. As the Administrative Assistant, you will be supporting a team of 3 senior commercial Adjusters and will be the right hand of leadership and the team. This is a fast-paced environment, and you will be able to wear multiple hats and juggle like a pro. You are the unsung hero of the operations and with our client you’ll get the credit you deserve.
Location: Vancouver/Surrey - Currently based downtown, they will be relocating in 3-6 months. The successful candidate must be able to accommodate the transition.
About the Employer:
Our client is a leading independent adjusting firm and provider of professional services to clients in the global/international insurance market. They have been providing professional services to insurance clients for over 100 years, in the high value/complex commercial space.
- Opening new claims, maintaining claims and closing of claims.
- Sending reports and documents to insurance companies
- Filing documents
- Archiving closed claims.
- Preparing, typing and proof-reading reports and letters.
- Typing recorded statements
- Compiling, editing and proof-reading adjusting reports via electronic dictation
- Ordering of police and fire reports.
- Ordering of title searches and skip traces.
- Managing incoming and outgoing mail, courier services, and office management/supplies
- Answering phones, transferring calls
- Invoicing/billing of files for insurance companies
- Possibly managing one other junior assistant
- General office duties as required
You are extremely organized and professional. Nothing ever gets by you because you stay on top of things by keeping track of tasks and ignoring distractions. You embrace challenges and your self confidence allows you to persevere in the face of pressure. Listening is one of your strongest attributes and you are constantly working to become a more effective communicator. At the end of the day you get the job done and aren’t satisfied until you do.
- Diploma or equivalent work experience
- 3 years experience in property and casualty insurance is highly regarded
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Resourceful with excellent problem-solving skills
- Professional and discreet
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft word and Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work well with others throughout the organization
Who We Are:
Finding and assessing great people for the insurance industry is what we at DGA do all day long, every day. DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 25 years, as the largest executive search and recruiting company focused exclusively on the insurance industry. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Calgary, and Edmonton, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivaled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates, please contact Jen Duff at 778-383-9790 ext 103 or forward your resume in confidence to email@example.com. If you are working with another DGA Recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.