Title: Senior Underwriter/Team Leader
Status: Full time position, permanent
The Senior Underwriter/Team Leader is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day activities and performance management of a team of underwriters. This includes providing advice and expertise related to our company's Commercial Liability programs. In this role, you will:
- Provide direction and support to team members, which includes senior & junior underwriters
- Present solutions and advice as a subject matter expert in the area of commercial liability underwriting
- Support and coach the team in underwriting investigations
- Review update the team on performance metrics and report monthly to direct manager
- Participate in annual business planning, resource planning and goal setting with the manager and peer team
- Provide monthly coaching sessions, conduct formal performance management, provide documentation, motivation and development
- Quotes new business by assessing the risk, pricing, choosing the appropriate company, preparing final quote and sending it to the broker
- Writes new business by following up on quotes, sending binders, obtaining all required original documents and signatures and issuing the policy
- Issues renewals by re-underwriting with up-dated information obtained from Broker and then pricing, offering and issuing the policy
- Produces policy changes and endorsement by underwriting, pricing and issuing policies
- Establishes and maintains professional working relationships with companies and brokers through telephone conversations and one-to-one meetings
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Commercial Underwriting (Liability)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail
- Autonomous - must be comfortable working with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Business development experience
Interested candidates please contact Anna-Lisa Sippola at 416-868-6711 ext 237 or forward your resume in confidence to Annalisa@dgacareers.com. If you are working with another DGA Recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.
Founded in 1986, DGA Careers specializes in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. DGA Careers assists qualified professionals in claims, underwriting, sales, customer service, and more, connect with the Canadian insurance industry at all levels.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.