Our client is looking for an ambitious and self driven leader who is ready and willing to embrace the challenges of managing an insurance brokerage. The Managing Partner will have equity in the branch and will essentially be the captain of their own ship. This brokerage will be heavily weighted in personal lines but will be capable of writing commercial as well. The office will consist of 20 or so staff and you will be their guiding light, their north star if you will.
- Create and execute both short and long term plans
- Encourage new business without neglecting current clients
- Network and identify possible avenues for growth
- Help with constructing the best team possible by recruiting, developing and motivating
- Ensure that all customers receive the highest level of service possible
- Coach employees to achieve branch targets
- Foster a positive environment that staff can look forward to working in each day
- Develop and grow the business
Ideal Candidate Description:
You know the operations of a brokerage like the back of your hand. You are motivated and can motivate. Your leadership style is well defined and ready to be implemented. You are hungry for success and excited to seize the opportunity.
- Insurance designation (CAIB, CIP, FCIP, CRM, etc.) preferred.
- Level 2 Alberta Insurance License.
- A minimum of 6 years experience in commercial and/or personal lines broking experience.
- Broad knowledge of all lines of insurance coverage and the confidence to discuss it with anyone.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle multiple files simultaneously.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, paperless environment.
- Experience in management including hiring training staff.
At DGA Careers, finding and assessing talented insurance professionals is what we do all day long, every day. DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 25 years, as the largest executive search and recruiting company focused exclusively on the insurance industry. With offices in Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Calgary, and Edmonton, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Kim Ehman at 587-952-5077 or forward your resume in confidence to email@example.com.