Our client is looking to hire a detail-oriented and attentive individual who is self motivated to fill the role of a Senior Auto Claims Adjuster in their Calgary office. The Senior Auto Claims Adjuster will be responsible for the claims of high complexity. Additionally, as a leader in the office you will train, mentor, and assist the junior adjusters.
- Provide the absolute best customer service
- Properly interpret policy wordings, determine the coverage and ensure appropriate reserving
- Investigate losses to figure out where the liability lies
- Go through all the valid information from all sources in order to quantify losses
- Negotiate with all parties involved
- Coordinate services with vendors and service providers
- Adjust claims from start to finish
- Provide ongoing technical advice and guidance to junior inside claims staff
- Stay on top of legislative changes and trends in the insurance industry
- Perform other duties as assigned
Our client is a nationally recognized insurance firm and one of the largest in Alberta. They have their sights set on major growth and plan to be one of the top 5 in Canada. It is a truly exciting time to join this fast paced and growing organization. They are trending upwards and credit their staff with spurring them on. They have concentrated a ton of great minds in their office and are looking to add another exceptional employee to fill this position.
You are a tried and tested insurance professional capable of making swift yet calculated decisions in high stress situations. You can explain situations in a variety of different ways to many different types of people. You are confident in your abilities to analyze, breakdown and understand complex information. Claims are your bread and butter and there is very little that you haven’t experienced in that area.
- Must have 7-10 years’ experience in a related field
- University or college degree/diploma is considered an asset
- Completion of or working toward CIP designation
- Ability to multitask and handle multiple priorities
- Ability to work proficiently with technology
- Have a good understanding of the Alberta Rules of Court
- Knowledge of medical terminology is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to influence and a superior ability to negotiate
- Maintaining a commitment to excellent customer service
At DGA Careers, finding and assessing talented insurance professionals is what we do all day long, every day. DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 25 years, as the largest executive search and recruiting company focused exclusively on the insurance industry. With offices in Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Calgary, and Edmonton, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Kim Ehman at 587-702-5829 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.