Position Title: Manager, Contract Surety
Department: Contract Surety
Reports to: VP, Contract Surety, Ontario Region
The success candidate will be responsible for managing a portfolio of client accounts. He/she will manage relationships with clients and their brokers, be responsible for business development and retention, analyze financial statements and supporting bank and credit reports for the purpose of recommending surety bond facilities for new and existing contractors and will prepare comprehensive reports for senior management. The successful candidate will oversee additional underwriters, maintain business relations with brokers and clients and participate in industry events.
- 10+ years underwriting experience
- Previous management experience
- University degree or equivalent
- CIP/FCIP designation or working towards
- Excellent organizational, negotiation, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Results driven and customer focused
- Strong leader with the demonstrated ability to execute on important initiatives and consistently meet or exceed performance expectations
- Strong computer skills including Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Strong reporting and presentation skills
- This position is subject to appropriate background checks that may include, credential, employment, credit, criminal and reference checks.
Interested candidates please contact Anna-Lisa Sippola at 416-868-6711 ext 237 or forward your resume in confidence to Annalisa@dgacareers.com. If you are working with another DGA Recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.
Founded in 1986, DGA Careers specializes in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. DGA Careers assists qualified professionals in claims, underwriting, sales, customer service, and more, connect with the Canadian insurance industry at all levels.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.