We have opportunities for business-minded, client-focused individuals to join our Assessments department at our Richmond head office to help employers register for our no-fault insurance systems and assist in maintaining their accounts. Working in a team environment, you’ll serve employers, answering their questions and resolving issues related to insurance coverage, registration requirements, and managing financial transactions. This work will benefit from your skills in attention to detail and strong decision making – Helping us to maintain excellent customer service to employers and to keep our promise of making a difference to the business community across the province.
WorkSafeBC is a place where you can build your career. You’ll be part of a team of bright and dedicated employees, with opportunities for career planning, advancement, leadership development, and tuition reimbursement programs. We offer a starting hourly wage of $26.96 to $28.99, plus benefits, programs, and activities that support a healthy lifestyle.
What you’ll do
You’ll be part of a team that works to ensure firms across the province have the workers’ compensation insurance coverage they need. Your day will include:
- Responding to questions from firms regarding insurance coverage, the registration process, classification, payment, premium rates, payroll reporting, penalties, account changes, rate changes, and any issues with an employer’s account – You’ll apply law, policy, and procedures to provide this assistance
- Reviewing applications and registering firms for standard or optional coverage, ensuring all requirements of law and policy are met
- Entering financial information along with taking customer payments
- Communicating with employers in writing and verbally on decisions, such as changes to a firm’s profile or coverage, or providing financial information
Is this a good fit for you?
We’re looking for people who can:
- Make timely, independent decisions by applying law and policy to facts
- Accurately record and explain detailed decisions verbally and in writing
- Provide outstanding customer service
- Independently and proactively manage a high volume and complex workload
- Interact in a diplomatic, empathetic, and objective manner, and build rapport with individuals
Your experience and educational background:
- A business-related degree or diploma is preferred
- A minimum of two years of business and customer service experience with proven experience in
- independent decision making – analyzing facts and applying law, policy, or procedures to make decisions
- customer solutions – providing information, support, and solving problems
- Must type a minimum of 40 words per minute
- Proficient use of Microsoft Word
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations
Please note: If you’re short-listed for this competition, you’ll receive an email requesting you to complete online tests to further qualify you for the positions.
Who are we?
At WorkSafeBC, we’re dedicated to promoting safe and healthy workplaces across B.C. We partner with workers and employers to save lives and prevent injury, disease, and disability. When work-related injuries or diseases occur, we provide compensation, and support injured workers in their recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work. We also work diligently to sustain our workers compensation system for today and future generations. We’re honoured to serve the 2.3 million workers and 231,000 registered employers in our province.
What’s it like to work at WorkSafeBC?
It’s challenging, stimulating, and hugely rewarding. Our positions offer tremendous diversity and excellent opportunities for professional growth. Every day, the work we do impacts people and changes lives. What we do is important and so are the people we do it for.
Being part of WorkSafeBC means being part of a strong, committed team. Along with a competitive salary, your total compensation package may include vacation, optional leave arrangements, health care and dental benefits, and contributions toward your retirement pension. As a member of our team, you'll have access to services and benefits that can help you get the most out of work — and life. Learn more about what we offer.
We’re an inclusive and accessible employer, committed to employment equity objectives, and we invite applications from all qualified individuals. Please note that this position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
Visit www.worksafebc.com and select Careers to submit a resume and cover letter that details your characteristics, accomplishments, and prior work experience related to the requirements for the position. We can only accept applications submitted through our website.
Thank you, in advance, for applying. Unfortunately, we’re only able to contact those whose applications we will be pursuing further.