Intermediate P&C Underwriter (focus on Property)
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Produce and Underwrite medium complexity and hard to place accounts for Commercial Property/Casualty in a timely manner.
- Provide feedback and underwriting expertise with respect to referred renewal accounts.
- Develop new program opportunities.
- Coach, mentor and provide guidance to junior staff.
- Ensure file documentation and thought process is clearly articulated to meet audit compliance requirements.
- Achieve monthly production targets while maintaining underwriting integrity and profitability.
- Work collaboratively on special projects and assignments when required to do so.
- Maintain a broad working knowledge of company underwriting philosophy, policy contracts, rating programs, risk information sources, underwriting/technical manual information, statutory constraints and internal workflow procedures.
- Experience with Microsoft products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint as well as broker software systems.
- A minimum of 3 years’ commercial property/casualty underwriting experience in "hard to place / specialty" risks (focused on property).
- Enrollment in or completion of the CIP (FCIP) designation.
- Willingness to travel to meet broker partners throughout the GTA.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those who meet the required skills will be contacted.