Totten Insurance Group is looking for a Director, Commercial Property and Casualty Underwriting who will lead a diverse commercial underwriting team to deliver exceptional service levels and profitable portfolio of business. This role involves an ongoing awareness of the marketplace and liaising with brokers to provide support and to promote business. This role involves people leadership in mentoring coaching and developing talent. This role is based in Oakville, Ontario and will require some travel for broker meetings and to the Totten Toronto office.
Totten is seeking a high performer who delivers strong technical underwriting skills, a successful track record of business development and people leadership. By taking the first step to apply, this is your chance to work for one of the leading Insurance Wholesalers in Canada!
- Responsible for the day to day operations of the Commercial Lines Property & Casualty Underwriting Production Team.
- Developing and executing business strategy to include collaboration and communication with all strategic business units and leaders:
- Building diverse talent by attracting, coaching and training/development and motivating and encouraging team members to achieve performance goals.
- Developing and implementing Underwriting, Marketing and Production goals and strategies for new Commercial Lines accounts, all aligned directly to corporate objectives.
- Assisting in implementing cross selling opportunities in all regions, and development of integrated relationships between Totten Group, Brokers and Markets.
- Identifying industry trends; opportunities for new growth opportunities with all identified key brokers and targeted accounts, using a strong knowledge of external competitor activity, market trends and key business drivers.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Post-Secondary Education, CIP, FCIP an asset
- Previous MGA experience desired
- 10 years’ experience in Property, Casualty and Professional Lines Technical Underwriting
- Strong proficiency in MS Office: Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience on TAM, Policy Works or equivalent insurance system an asset
- Minimum 5 years’ experience people management (hiring and performance management)
Entrepreneurship - encouraging innovation and educate risk taking
Integrity – doing things right every time
Teamwork – working together to maximize results
Accountability – measure and take responsibility for outcomes
Service - serving customers, communities, and colleagues
Totten Insurance Group is Canada’s leading national MGA provider of niche products and innovative solutions. Providing a diversified suite of customized insurance products and programs, Totten Group is committed to delivering best in class insurance solutions that are not readily available in the marketplace. Totten Group supports over 2,000 independent brokers throughout Canada and is comprised of five divisions including Commercial Casualty, Commercial Property, Hospitality, Personal Lines and Professional Liability. For a complete list of office locations and more information, please visit: www.tottengroup.com
Please apply online: https://bit.ly/2Rx7Wwt