I am working with one of Canada’s largest insurance companies that is looking to add to their claims team. This is a new opportunity for an experienced property specialist/examiner that is looking for a management level role. This role is responsible for the management of Complex Property Claims by ensuring that their customers receive the highest level of customer service on these types of losses combined with consistent technically sound supervision and oversight, investigation and adjustment of these claims. This includes providing technical coaching and mentoring to our internal file handlers and Front-Line Managers and being a technical resource for the Property Claims department.
Title: Property Claims Specialist/Analyst
Location: Ontario or Quebec (Work from home)
People manager & architect
- Be the technical supervisor on Complex Property Claims for the file handler and Front-Line Manager
- Directly examine our most severe Complex Property Claims generally that exceed $500,000 for commercial lines and $1 million for personal lines.
- Coach and mentor technically the Property Claims’ teams
- Foster a culture of transparency and trust
- Support claim handlers and Front-Line Managers with technical questions, trouble-shooting claim issues and assist handlers in the development of claim strategies
- Assist Complex Claims Management Team with evaluating overall technical capability of Property Claims operation employees, identify gaps in capability and make recommendations.
- Assist to monitor and validate individual financial and technical authority levels within Property Claims operation that map to the individual employee’s technical skills and capabilities
Operational & performance effectiveness
- Assist to establish and administer technical policies, procedures and guidelines related to reserving, indemnity management, litigation and decision, and settlement authority for property claims
- Technical oversight over all property claims litigation by leading decision committee meetings and overseeing decisions to commence, defend or resolve litigation
- Maintain line of sight for potential bad faith exposures
- Provide subject matter expertise to all core business and enablement functions (e.g., Government Relations, Reinsurance, Broker Distribution, Underwriting, Actuarial, Communications, etc.) across the company
- Ensure the effective investigation, quantification, analysis, and adjudication of complex property losses over $250,000
- Maintain a panel of experts used in the investigation and litigation of property claims
- Contribute to an environment dedicated to exceptional customer outcomes and champion the improvement to service
- Participate in the Quality Assurance reviews from time to time. Utilize the Quality Framework to measure employee technical performance
- Identify and report property claims risks
- Ensure Property Claims operation compliance with local regulations
Business & financial acumen
- Directly responsible for supervision of reserves on Complex Claims assigned to them ensuring that our Property Claims Reserving Philosophy is adhered to.
- Expert knowledge of the claims experience while understanding the technical strategic direction for the claims file
- Identify and report on any suspicions of fraud or financial irregularities in line with existing internal and external requirements and procedures
- Monitor legislative/regulation changes, emerging issues, case law
- Identify opportunities to improve the customer journey, the claims handling processes and financial outcomes for our business
- Support change initiatives for the team and business function as required
- 15+ years of Commercial and Personal Property Claims experience including litigation
- CIP or FCIP or working towards
- University Degree or College Diploma or equivalent Property technical work experience
- Experience in technical coaching and mentoring other team members
- Experience in applying corporate finance practices
- Experience in searching and analysing case law using various sources
- Demonstrated experience in developing business cases for the recommendation of significant claims payments and establishing reserves
- Demonstrated leadership abilities, coaching and team-building skills
- Superior analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Sound decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Mobility across Canada
- Flexible to accommodate stakeholders in time zones across Canada
Compensation: Competitive pay and bonus. Excellent benefits, pension…
If you meet or exceed these requirements and qualifications, please contact Maurice at 416-868-6711, x 232 or email your resume in confidence to email@example.com. If you are already working with another DGA Recruiter, feel free to ask them about this opportunity and they will give you more details.
DGA Careers is Canada’s only national Executive Search and Recruitment firm focused exclusively on the insurance industry, since 1986. Our deep industry experience, knowledge and strong relationships enable us to connect leading insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms with the most talented mid to senior level professionals for each individual leadership role.