Working collaboratively with the Corporate Controller and a small accounting department, this position is responsible for providing accounting expertise in handling a variety of accounting activities on a daily, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis. This hands on role includes full cycle accounting including accounts payable, balance sheet reconciliations, journal entries, assisting with audits and reporting (month, quarter, and year end, both internal and external) just to name a few. The Senior Accountant will be the company's industry software champion, as related to the accounting function, and will be the main point of contact in troubleshooting and resolve billing discrepancies. The position provides a nice blend of working with numbers and utilizing exceptional customer service both internally and externally.
- Completion of post-secondary education in Accounting or Business, preferably with an accounting specialty
- Pursuing accounting designation
- 3+ years of full cycle accounting experience required
- Experience in the insurance and financial services industry or brokerage environment would be ideal, but not required
- Proficiency in computerized accounting within ERP type platform
- Strong computer skills working with MS Office especially Excel
- Strong analytical skills
- Highly organized, detail oriented, self-directed, and task oriented to meet timelines
- Excellent verbal, listening, and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within a team and with external partners
- Must be flexible, adaptable, and comfortable working in an open office environment
- Due to the nature of the role solid references and full background check will be required for the successful candidate
We thank all applicants for applying. Please be advised that only qualified applicants will be contacted.
HR-Fusion and its clients are equal opportunity employers. We welcome applications from all interested parties. If you are a person with a disability and have a question or require assistance with the application process, please email email@example.com or call 1.866.527.2860