Totten Insurance Group Company is growing and is looking for a strong Underwriting Assistant to join their dynamic team in Vancouver. This is a dynamic and growing environment and requires someone that possesses strong attention to detail and ability to work as part of a fast-paced team. This is a great opportunity to be part of the continuing success of one of the leading Insurance Wholesalers in Canada. The preferred candidate will possess insurance processing experience, strong attention to detail, well-organized, and ability to multi-task within a collaborative environment.
Benefits of this position are: excellent exposure to underwriting expertise; hands on experience and mentorship of industry veterans; exposure to technical and innovative commercial insurance products; support in taking insurance courses to further your knowledge of the industry; work in a flexible and progressive office environment.
· Data entry and electronic filing of insurance policy information into different systems
· Reviewing and setting up of all new business submissions and assigning to underwriters
· Generate and distribute renewal list to Underwriters, requesting renewal information
· Support Underwriters in managing the renewal process including follow-ups and file management
· Providing broker assistance on inquiries such as document follow ups, renewal status etc.
· File management and report production
· Managing Risk ControlInspection requests
· Issuance of documentation: Registered Letters, Broker of Record Changes
· Coding of policy premiums
· Accounting inquiries – investigation and correction of documentation and/or coding
· Processing all assigned work promptly and accurately
· Insuring accuracy and data integrity through communication with colleagues
· Reception Duties - Handling any mail and general inquiries, preparation for office visitors
· Other duties as may be required
Qualifications and Experience:
· College Diploma or equivalent, related work experience
· 2 years of experience in a similar processing role or broker support
· Prior data entry experience preferred
· Strong problem solving abilities
· Proficiency in MS Office: Word, Excel, and Outlook
· Experience with TAM and Policy Works broker management systems desired
· Prior experience working for an Managed General Agent (MGA) is an asset
· Drive for excellence in customer service -strong sense of urgency and results focused
· Professional, positive and courteous in all interactions with customers and co-workers
· A strong work ethic, good organizational skills and the ability to work within a team environment
· Ability to work effectively in a multi-deadline and fast-paced environment
Totten Insurance Group is Canada’s leading national MGA provider of niche products and innovative solutions. Totten Group is committed to servicing brokers across the country and is comprised of a number of divisions: Personal Lines; Commercial Property & Casualty; Programs; Hospitality; Construction; Healthcare and Professional Liability. With offices across Canada, Totten Group’s corporate office is in Toronto ON, and has locations in Oakville ON, Hamilton ON, Sudbury ON, Dartmouth NS, Montreal QC, Winnipeg MB, and Vancouver BC.
Please apply directly to the role through the following link: https://hubinternational.jobs/vancouver-bc/underwriting-assistant/D8FB60BAF275496EB7644D09BDF2EFBB/job/
Learn more at www.tottengroup.com