Our client is looking for a team player to become their next Accident Benefits Senior Claims Assistant. As the Sr Claims Assistant, you will be looked to by the accident benefits team to provide support where necessary. The successful candidate must know how to balance their time and communicate effectively within a group.
- Go over the medical forms and reports and make sure they are accurate
- Handle process of payments coming in and going out
- Schedule patient examinations with the appropriate physician
- Request and obtain various healthcare information
- Keep client files organized, accessible, and up to date
- Close files and make sure that all loose ends are tied up for everyone.
Our client is a part of one of the largest insurance organizations in the world. They offer a complete selection of home and auto products for their customers who they service in over 90 offices across Canada. These offices are unique to the environment in which they are situated in creating a sense of community between staff and clients. They pride themselves on promoting from within and helping shape and elevate the careers of their employees.
You are the consummate team player who is willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done. You are capable of handling a full plate and can communicate with others to ensure deadlines are being made. You can multitask and are capable of handling direction from multiple sources at once.
- Post-secondary education or equivalent work experience is preferred
- Working knowledge of medical terminology is preferred
- Prior Casualty or Bodily Injury insurance related experience is considered an asset
- Proficient keyboard skills and computer literacy
- Commitment to providing outstanding customer service
- Ability to exercise a strong level of confidentiality
- Possess a strong attention to detail with the ability to follow instructions with accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with peers and subordinates to reach common goals
- Highly motivated with the ability to work well independently
At DGA Careers, finding and assessing talented insurance professionals is what we do all day long, every day. DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 25 years, as the largest executive search and recruiting company focused exclusively on the insurance industry. With offices in Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Calgary, and Edmonton, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Katie Ellwood at 587-952-5076 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.