Our client is looking for an intrinsically motivated and resourceful insurance professional who daydreams about analyzing risk. To be the candidate chosen you must be able to provide ingenious solutions to the brokers, use your positive and enthusiastic demeanor to sway and motivate others, all the while maintaining excellent relationships with customers and external business partners. This Commercial Property Underwriter will be working in the small to moderate sized client space.
- As an underwriter you will be presented with the challenge of quoting new business while simultaneously maintaining the previously generated business
- You will negotiate coverage and rates
- Refer business onwards that exceeds your authority level
- Complete all the necessary paperwork for your business
- You will grow and maintain business relationships with brokers
- Support as well as learn from coworkers
- Work within a team to develop and reach personal and group goals
- Complete special projects and other duties when called upon to do so
- Communicate decisions and changes to the client
- Contribute to a positive workplace environment
Who You Are
You are able to get your point across to all different types of people using many different mediums. You live your life with a strong attention to detail and very little gets by you. Insurance may or may not have been your calling but either way it turns out you’re pretty darn good at assessing risk. As a member of a team you are willing to do whatever it takes to make sure the mission is accomplished.
- Exceptional Customer Service skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong attention to detail, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong decision-making skills with the ability to provide justification
- Highly proficient time management and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize work in a fast paced, changing environment
- Excellent knowledge of policy wordings, corporate guidelines, policies and procedures
- 2- 3 years commercial underwriting experience
- Either currently posess or actively pursuing your Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) designation
- Having a College Diploma or University Degree would be considered as an asset
About The Employer
Our client is a nationally recognized insurance firm and one of the largest in Alberta. They have their sights set on major growth and plan to be one of the top 5 in Canada. It is a truly exciting time to join this fast paced and growing organization. They are trending upwards and credit their staff with spurring them on. They have concentrated a ton of great minds in their office and are looking to add another exceptional employee to fill this position.
Who We Are
Finding and assessing great people for the insurance industry is what we at DGA do all day long, every day. DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 25 years, as the largest executive search and recruiting company focused exclusively on the insurance industry. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Calgary, and Edmonton, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivaled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates, please contact Kim Ehman at 587-952-5077 or forward your resume in confidence to email@example.com. If you are working with another DGA Recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.