HSB BI&I is a leader in providing specialized equipment breakdown insurance. We provide insurance and reinsurance to Canadian and global businesses through our coast to coast network of offices, 4,000 independent insurance brokers and over 50 major insurance companies. HSB BI&I is a member of the Hartford Steam Boiler Group and part of the global Munich Re Group of Companies.
- We have over 140 years of experience and through our modern systems and practices remain unsurpassed in meeting our customers’ needs.
- You can become an expert in your field while enjoying a healthy work/life balance and a collaborative, friendly atmosphere in our offices.
- We offer a comprehensive benefits program to our employees.
We invite you to learn more about us at our website: www.munichre.com/hsbbii
Reporting to the Manager, Strategic Products, the main focus of the Strategic Products Coordinator is to provide assistance in the deployment of personal and commercial lines reinsurance products which includes Equipment breakdown for homeowners, Service Line coverage, Cyber coverages and other emerging new products. The Strategic Products Coordinator will provide support to the team and collaborate with different parts of the business as it relates to new product deployments. The incumbent will participate in the development, maintenance and communication of client reinsurance programs, products and marketing strategies. This position is ideal for a candidate who is looking to grow in a fast paced client centric environment while supporting a niche team of reinsurance professionals.
- 2-4 years’ experience in personal lines; commercial lines/underwriting.
- CIP designation or actively working towards one.
- College diploma or equivalent.
- Exposure to underwriting issues and product development.
- Project Coordination experience is an asset.
- Ability to engage clients (internal and external) and solve operational issues.
- Strong client facing skills with a high degree of diplomacy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentations skills.
- Must be detail oriented and a self-starter.
- Strong analytical skills coupled with highly proficient computer skills.
- Superior ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Demonstrated drive for continuous improvement.
Creating and maintaining a work environment that promotes respect, diversity and dignity is important to us. We strive for equality in our workplace, to eliminate employment barriers, and promote a workplace based on principles which align with our company values and promote positive employee practices. Candidates requiring accommodation during any stage of our selection process should advise us of this; we will strive to work with individuals to find a suitable means to meet their needs.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please quote Job Reference SPC0119-BW and send a covering letter along with a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.