The Contracting Specialist is the key contact for an existing HUB advisor for all queries and discussion regarding new carrier contracts and various other contracting-related requests (via APEXA or traditional methods). The Contracting Specialist is expected to effectively communicate with the advisor to ensure effective and efficient completion of contracting activities, including but not limited to:
- Discuss the new carrier contracting process with the advisor and communicate the requirements for such
- Review the contracting requirements for new business received with the advisor, provide the options for contract completion and assist in implementation
- Facilitate any name change requests that are required and ensure completion of all contracting requirements
- Facilitate the set-up of FundServ codes and processing
- Process requests for bonus rate changes
- Process broker transfers IN and ensure completion of this process
- Ensure the day to day contracting receipts are processed in a timely fashion
The Contracting Specialist is also expected to perform the following functions:
- Liaise with carriers to obtain rush brokers codes to facilitate the prompt processing of new business applications
- Maintain complete accuracy of the broker contracting, compensation hierarchy and compliance data on WealthServ.
- Prepare contracting documentation per the HUB Helps process. Forward completed broker contracting requests electronically or via courier to our advisors as required.
- Ensure new broker contracting applications are screened for poor credit, completeness and accuracy. Review all documentation for missing information and obtain all necessary outstanding requirements.
- Document and escalate any action required on the part of the Regional Vice President relating to broker credit, conduct or compliance issues based on facts gathered from Insurance Councils, Carrier Head Offices or other information obtained by HUB Financial staff.
- Follow up with all insurance carriers to ensure all contracting and licensing submissions are processed and completed in a timely manner to ensure prompt policy issue and commission payments to HUB Financial and the broker.
- Ensure successful completion of broker contracting packages by obtaining all necessary documentation from advisors and submitting completed contracting packages to the carriers. Broker contract information received by HUB Financial must be submitted to the carrier within 2 days of receipt. There is no tolerance for contracting submitted to our carrier partners with outstanding information.
Required Experience and Education:
- 1-3 years administrative or related experience
- High School Diploma
- Industry related experience would be an asset
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent communications skills
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
HUB Financial is a wholly owned subsidiary of HUB International – a leading North American insurance brokerage that provides a broad array of property and casualty, life and health, employee benefits, reinsurance, investment and risk management products and services through offices located across the United States and Canada. HUB International is ranked among the top insurance brokerages in the world.