Multi - Line Adjuster
based mid town Toronto
Responsible for the investigation, evaluation, disposition and settlement of claims. This includes the investigation, determination and evaluation of coverage, liability and damages and the setting of proper reserves. In this position you will be handling general liability claims dealing with bodily injury, property damage and auto. 1st party property/auto claims.
II. Essential Functions
- Exercises proper judgment and decision making to analyze the claims exposure, to determine the proper course of action and to appropriately settle the claim.
- Interacts extensively with various parties involved in the claim process.
- Ability to think critically, solve problems, plan and organize activities, serve clients, negotiate, effectively communicate verbally and in writing and embrace new challenges.
- Handles claims consistent with our clients and corporate policies, procedures and “Best Practices” and also in accordance to any statutory, regulatory and ethics requirements.
- Documents and communicates all claim activity timely and effectively and in a manner which supports the outcome of the claim file.
- Attend mediations, settlement conferences and pretrials
- Other duties as required.
- Knowledge of accepted industry standards and practices. Analytical skills necessary to make decisions and resolve issues inherent in the handling of claims.
- Ability to successfully negotiate the settlement and disposition of claims including the ability to interpret related documentation.
- Knowledge of TPA business, include SIR, Captives, Deductibles.
- Litigation management experience, including participation in mediations and pre-trials.
- Strong coverage skills, ability to multi-task and adapt to a changing environment.
- A functional knowledge of legal statutes and procedures.
- Time management skills.
- Strong Organization skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as demonstrated by your ability convey professionalism.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office programs, like Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Exceptional customer services skills.
- College/University degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Completed or near completion of CIP or FCIP preferred.
- 5 or more years of claims-handling experience in bodily injury, 1st party property and liability.
- Experience working in a commercial lines claims environment would be an asset.
- Partially or fully licensed and/or certified in provinces in which claims are being handled.
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Antonella Leone at 416-868-6711 ext 226 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA Recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.